Saturday, October 8, 2011

Network Marketing your Business

There are four networking groups I wanted to talk about today. I know there are many more but these four I know work. Networking takes time but is very valuable for a many reasons. Too many times we are stuck behind our desk in our home office. We talk to people on the phone most of the day or we play around on the computer looking for leads. I find this can be hard on me mentally. If I don’t get out, I might not talk with anyone in person other than my wife for days.

Almost with any business you have, networking is invaluable. Not only is getting out of the office refreshing, it produces leads. Usually referral from these groups are golden leads. These type of leads can have a closing rate of 90 % or sometimes even better.

When you get this type of a referral lead, it is like getting a testament from the person who gave it to you. They basically are saying, you are a good guy and I trust this person. Because of this, you must not disappoint or you’ll never get another lead from that person or group.

Here are my 4 favorite groups.

• The BNI networking group is the largest in the World. They get together weekly to share ideas, contacts and most importantly, business referrals. This might be the most effective use of your time in search for referrals.
• The Corporate Alliance does the same thing but normally they are the CEO’s and upper management of different companies. It is a newer national organization but it is growing and can be very effective.
• Your local Chamber of Commerce is a great resource for most companies.
• The last but not least is your local Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis, Elks or other type clubs in your city or county. Serving and making friends return big benefits.

No matter what your business is, effective networking can make the difference between success and failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment